Friday, September 5, 2008

Oprah Winfrey: No Palin, No How

Oprah Winfrey responded this afternoon to the Drudge Report stating that there was a rift among her show's staffers about having Sarah Palin appear. In essence, she said there is no way Palin will appear on the show before the election because of her support of Barack Obama.

"The item in today's Drudge Report is categorically untrue," Winfrey said. "There has been absolutely no discussion about having Sarah Palin on my show. At the beginning of this presidential campaign when I decided that I was going to take my first public stance in support of a candidate, I made the decision not to use my show as a platform for any of the candidates. I agree that Sarah Palin would be a fantastic interview, and I would love to have her on after the campaign is over."

No comments: