Thursday, November 6, 2008

Chris Matthews: It's My Job to Make Sure Obama's Presidency Works



Chris Matthews announced today that it's his job as a commentator to make sure president-elect Barack Obama succeed as president.

"Well you know what, I want to do everything I can to make this thing work, this new presidency work," he told Joe Scarborourgh on air on MSNBC. "That's my job. My job is to help my country. ... to make this work successfully because this country needs a successful presidency."

Most commentators and journalists like to think of themselves as watchdogs of the government and advocates for the common man. This is a unique perspective from Matthews, the ideal that it is his role to do everything he can to make the presidency work for the good of the country. He certainly didn't have that view during the presidency of George Bush.

No comments: