Sunday, November 15, 2009

Clinton Would Accept a Coffee With Palin

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton told NBC's David Gregory today on "Meet The Press" that she would happily accept an offer from former Gov. Sarah Palin to sit down for a coffee, as mentioned in Palin's new book, "Going Rogue."

"I absolutely would look forward to having coffee. I've never met her. And I think it would be very interesting to sit down and talk with her. I've got more than I can say grace over to read, but obviously, in the next week there's gonna be a lot of attention paid to her book. And I'm sure that I'll see excerpts printed and you know, snippets of interviews as I, you know, channel surf in Singapore and in Shanghai and in Beijing. But you know, I'm ready to have a cup of coffee."


Palin wrote: "Should Secretary Clinton and I ever sit down over a cup of coffee, I know that we would fundamentally disagree on many issues. But my hat is off to her hard work on the 2008 campaign trail."

Clinton did say she would also talk about politics: "Maybe I can make a case on some of the issues that we disagree on."

No comments: