Tuesday, September 2, 2008

McCain: Palin Thoroughly Vetted

The Associated Press is reporting today that John McCain said he is happy with the process in selecting Sarah Palin as his running mate, and he is excited with its outcome.

Asked about whether Palin's background was thoroughly checked out before he selected her, McCain told reporters in Philadelphia: "The vetting process was completely thorough and I'm grateful for the results."

Later, after visiting a firehouse outside Cleveland in Brecksville, Ohio, McCain added: "I just want to repeat again how excited I am to have Sarah Palin, the great governor of Alaska, as my running mate."

"America is excited and they're going to be even more excited once they see her tomorrow night," he said. "I'm very, very proud of the impression she's made on all of America and I look forward to serving with her."

Here is CNN video of McCain talking about the vetting process today in Philadelphia.

No comments: